Search This Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Internet Dating

so ya, I guess I'm feeling inspired today cause I have something else to go on about.... Internet Dating...

So, I know those that frown, those that belittle, those that are neutral and those that enjoy... and now, for your reading pleasure I will tell you my own take on internet dating...

YES I have done it... and yes I do enjoy it. I am actually a Plentyoffish.com kinda girl.. but that's cause I'm CHEAP... well you know what I mean... I'm not cheap if I have money... but cause I don't especially not to meet guys... POF is where its at...

Now, being a free-dating-site-kinda-gal you have more than your fair share of weirdos... but as far as I can tell.. no more than lavalife or campuskiss or any of those other dating sites... plus, at least this way you don't spend your hard earned cash talking to losers right???

So, yes although sometimes I wonder if I have stooped to an all time low with the internet dating thing, I feel as though there is no difference between finding/meeting someone in person and meeting them on line...


THE DEBATE:

now much of the debate comes from the fact that it is easier for people to lie... to not be who they claim to be.. to put up different pictures... TRUE, but seriously, do you honestly think that people who do this wouldn't do it to your face too? I mean if you met them on the street, or even in church group or something.. anything.. do you not think that maybe they would lie about somethings... so what you get to see their face... so the pic isn't a fake...but can you honestly claim that its safer to meet someone at one of those 30 second dating things... (that I know nothing about)???

there are a few things though about internet dating that are challenges...

1. its easier to really like someone... and then be disappointed when you meet them and there's no chemistry.
2. Its easier to be TOO honest about your life with a complete stranger... hahaha that's a funny one considering I tell complete strangers about my life on here:P
3. Indeed there is perhaps more inclination to lie if you don't meet the person.

HENCE... don't get too close to someone before you meet them... cause there is nothing more awkward than talking to someone about dating them, only to meet them and not think they are attractive...

Oh my biggest pet peeve with internet dating.. when people are offended that you don't write back if you don't think they are attractive... COME ON ladies and gentleman... I don't know about you.. but you do know about me.. and sex is VERY VERY IMPORTANT.. SO.... if I see your picture and I think there is no way in hell that I am going to sleep with you... that's it... there's no room for debate... SORRY!!!

so ya... i think I've said what I want to say about that!

No comments: