Search This Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

the expensive side of being single

Last night... on my way out to the bar I had a great idea to write a rant about how expensive it is to be single... so here it is...

I don't know about any of you, but I remember living in a one bedroom apartment, beautiful, with all my things, a backyard, trees, in a great neighborhood... the internet.. the fastest you could get... cable TV and all the channels you could want...a car... driving anywhere...food in the refrigerator...and even special meals...a bottle of wine around...

going out for dinner a couple of days a week...

WHEN I WAS IN A COUPLE...

all of these things were possible cause we split it right down the middle... it was like you were living on your own...cause you can still walk around nekkid... get up when you wanted to.. not worry about anyone knowing your business....cause the person you were living with was all of your business...etc.

Now that I am single I find that the economy laughs at my singlehood... if you want to live on your own, the rent is ALL yours, the CABLE is all yours, the PHONE, the FOOD, the CAR, the GAS, the MOVIES the EVERYTHING...

its as though the world is saying... hahaha you are single and we are going to fuck you over until you find someone new to live with!

the generation above us wonders why so many youth are moving in with their partners so soon after they get together...well if you couldn't find a decent one bedroom for under a thousand dollars in the city... and your boyfriend/girlfriend was spending every waking minute at your place, what would you do???

Now the food... I don't know about you, but I have found that feeding one more mouth (the going from one to two people) costs pennies, but when you have to buy EVERYTHING on your own... you stick to Kraft dinner, eggs, bread and Tuna... anything that's quick, easy and cheap.

SO... for me, I have a bachelor apartment with NO internet, NO cable NO CAR, and very little in the way of food....

tangent: I just invested in 20$ bunny ears for the TV... I went to the Canadian Tire and the guy didn't know what I was talking about.... clearly I am regressing terribly as I grow older... cause NO ONE uses an antenna anymore... so... now that i have some for m of entertainment I'm not sooo bored at home.. the best thing though??? CBC and CTV have the comments for blind people.... hahaha, so I don't even get normal stations.. cause they don't broadcast them via antenna anymore.... you gotta love that!!!(a little embarrassing, but funny none-the-less)

back to the expensive part of life... so ya, I'm living this sort of nomad existence, ... then to top it all off, everything that one uses to get out of being single... the internet, bars, singles nights.... etc ALL COST MONEY... so then what???

I swear no wonder people get married or stay in school forever... cause its too damn expensive to be single!!!

ya there you go....

No comments: