Search This Blog

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Room mates and sex...

So to trump the somewhat serious nature of my other blog today I figured I should write something that has been plaguing my mind lately.... room mates and sex/one night stands.. if you are a woman and have ever had a one night stand with a guy who has room mates you know that the second you walk into their room the music or television goes on... well if you are dating someone for that matter and are going to have sex with them.. same thing happens..

Anyways, this music/noise is a signal to all others in the house that this room is occupied... BUT.. this is also a sign of respect for the boys... it ensures that the other guys in the house do not have to listen to the screaming/laughing screetching of baseboard... etc.. all noises that accompany a good romp in the hay... this is not a sign of disrespect... but of respect...

SO... let us talk about girls.. now I am not talking about all girls... but this small action, that for guys seems to be well understood is something that has gone either unnoticed, unrecognized or ignored by most female roommates. First of all... most girls will not turn on music the second the guy walks into their room... especially at 3am... now if you know the guy then maybe.. well and if you know anything about guys.. then maybe... but for the most part girls are more concerned with pissing off their room mates than having them hear their sex antics all night... WHy is that??? Female room mates don't get the point the way male room mates do... they knock, call the cell or bang on the wall, door or floor to "TURN DOWN THE MUSIC!"

I know this is totally irrelevant, but it is something that I have both noticed and have been aggravated by... Why don't girls have this understanding set in stone? Is it cause most girls do not have the PRIVELEDGE of having one night stands as much?

(you love that I just said priveledge don't you??? hehehe, well I am TRYING to change the idea that one night stands are evil.. so long as its consentual and protected)

Either way, I think this taboo music thing has got to stop... cause I don't know about you... but I prefer to have the music blaring when I have sex... so I can be as loud as I want...:) hahahaha (especially at 3am...and well its also my little way of rubbing in the fact that I am getting laid and YOU ARE NOT)

what do you think????

No comments: