Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

The new moon.

I think I may have finally found the space. The space that allows me to still believe that those moments we shared will never be surpassed by another human being... or experience ... and not being resentful...and not trying to convince myself that I'm crazy to feel the way I do... and not longing either... not being hopeful... but not being scared.... not being hurt and not blaming you... not being cynical about men...or love...and not staying attached where the thought of losing you forever is literally painful....

The only way I can describe it is being completely present. Not thinking about the days we spent together or the pain of being rejected and ignored...and not thinking about being a failure...not thinking about the future and having anxiety about running into you...or of having hope about one day you figuring your shit out.

Its honestly not thinking at all... just being in the moment.

I spent an hour and a half tonight watching the sunset. I spent 12 hours at the hospital talking primarily with a Greek woman who didn't say anything in English to me until the end when I said... 'you like me? :)' and she replied ' yes, I like you' in a thick Greek accent. I spent the past few days being completely random... spontaneously going back to Guelph for a night... and working 6 days last week.... I suppose I am finally coming to a point where the shit from the past 8 months has totally put everytging into perspective.... and the only way to be truly happy is to lose all judgement of every moment.. and just flow... without comparison.

A deeply different place than I have ever been before.

A deep calmness with no brain chatter... just the sound of this voice.... and the birds and frogs in the background.

You know this journey has been an incredible lesson in watching how I can tell myself to feel a certain way all I want... but until I find the space in my being.... I feel the way I do... that I spent so much time hating on you for ignoring me and hating on myself for going back for more... when all we both were doing was following our hearts.

  Meeting you was very auspicious...and since meeting you I have learned things about myself I would have never known had it not been for all these random things. Its been so difficult because I have been being stretched beyond my wildest capabilities.

  I asked the universe to make me whole.

The day I met you... when I told you.. 'if I think you are who I think you are...This is going to be the most painful experience we will ever go through... because everything I don't like about you is everything I don't like about me... and everything you don't like about me is going to be something you don't like about yourself.' I prepared myself somehow psychologically to take on as big a storm as I could...to make me whole .

I think what I have come to realize about wholeness its letting go of all the excuses you have to not feeling loved. To letting love come in and over flow... regardless of the situation... and accepting life to exist. Coming to realize that even if I never find a life partner, or am able to raise children...even if every person I have ever and will ever love, abandons me... I will somehow survive.... that I trust myself to figure it out... no matter what.

That me on my own works much better than some whole families... that I dance to a different beat.... and I can always rely on myself....independence I guess. Recognizing that I am the most independent woman I know.... I have come to really know myself over the past year.

The universe constantly challenging me to observe myself in the most uncomfortable situations... like Cody getting his friend to call me to tell me he was really sick. .. even though I hadn't seen him in 4 years and we were never even super close....to talking to him about death and honouring myself...to accepting there was nothing I could do to save him....and that he plays a piece in the vastness of life. to taking care of L. the weekend her daughter died.

My best friend not talking to me for 7 months... and experience meeting one guy after another that just vanishes. I have been able to witness myself in cycle after cycle after cycle of the same trigger and the same behaviour... I'm not fully there yet... but I notice myself being aware of things that trigger me and delving into why....to be able to define what scares me and abate my fears... I guess? T. I have never felt so light. So accepting of life.... just letting go of all expectations and just having a deep knowing that my life will be born out of the all mighty creativity that feeds it.... and that I never wanted a boring life.... so I haven to take every risk I can...and be OK with it...however it works out.

I do not claim to be strong enough yet for this feeling to stick through everything...because of course I still have triggers.... but its gotten far easier to observe and let go than ever before in my life. I'm sitting under the stars right now... listening to the frogs chirping.... thinking I'm the luckiest girl in the world :)

I can't wait til the fireflies come out. Miraculously I got through 8 months of being unemployed in nursing school... that I somehow figured out how to keep my apartment in the country and I'm brave enough to live here on my own come june.... that I can survive anything....and I have no regrets so I'm willing to die at any time too.... And ultimately to accept the pace of my own beat...the pace of everyone else's beat...and the depth of love I have...of gratitude.

  I have tentative plans for the future... but ultimately I think its being prepared for anything... and knowing that ill survive....and flourish no matter what I have to leave behind. That I believe in myself...in my life and that I know the truth. Its a profound new moon for me. Presence. A.

No comments: